Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2019/04/08 13:52:17 UTC

Opportunity to attend and speak ApacheCon

Hello,

Later this year are two ApacheCon’s, one in Vegas (Sep 9-13), the other Berlin (Oct 22-24).

First, if you are a committer on any project, There’s a deep discount for attendance.

Second, if you’re selected to speak the fee is waived.

Sometimes, speakers are provided travel stipend as well, as there is a special program for that.

Speaking of submitting talks, there are some really cool things going on in this project right now...

Some ideas I have:

1. A talk on scimple.
2. A talk on Embrasure (new fortress UI)
3. About improvements in API, directory, database.
4. What’s going on with Kerby?

ApacheCon is a great conference for first-time speakers, the audiences are always warm and engaging.

Experienced speakers gain because of the level of expertise at this conference is advanced which provides an excellent validation for your ideas.

If you’re on the fence and need some advice on what to do, come talk to me, either here publicly, or via my private email.

I’d be happy to team up with you on a talk, help you draft the proposal, and even toss out some frisbees to kick your talk off.  ;-)

In any case, this is our chance to show to our community that this project still has lots of life in it.

—Shawn

Re: Opportunity to attend and speak ApacheCon

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 18, 2019, at 3:40 PM, Smith, Shawn Eion <se...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hey Arkanshawn,
>
> Hope all's well.  I talked to folks here and we would be willing to put together a talk on Scimple.  Any advice for this particular audience would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Pennsylshawn

Hey Pennsylshawn,

Good to hear from you. Happy to lend a hand...

First, I’d say get registered on the website, add a talk, pick a name, track, duration, and a little blurb on the abstract.

Next, if you want, add me as a speaker.  I should already be in the system.

Then we can work on the submission together.

Also, we can collaborate on IRC, phone, if/when a higher bandwidth connection is needed.

—Arkanshawn

Re: Opportunity to attend and speak ApacheCon

Posted by "Smith, Shawn Eion" <se...@psu.edu>.
Hey Arkanshawn,