Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org> on 2018/06/27 16:39:27 UTC

ErrorProne and -Werror enabled for all Java projects

Six weeks ago [1] we began an effort to improve the quality of the Java
codebase via ErrorProne static analysis, and promoting compiler warnings to
errors. As of today, all of our Java projects have been migrated and this
is now the default setting for Beam [2].

This was a community effort. The cleanup spanned 48 JIRA issues [3] and 46
pull requests [4]. I want to give a big thanks to everyone who helped out:
Ismaël Mejía, Tim Robertson, Cade Markegard, and Teng Peng.

Thanks!

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cdc729b6349f952d8db78bae99fff74b06b60918cbe09344e075ba35@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/95aae2785c3cd728c2d3378cbdff2a7ba19caffcd4faa2049d2e2f46@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E>
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BEAM%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20errorprone

[4]
https://github.com/apache/beam/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+errorprone+merged%3A%3E%3D2018-05-16+

Re: ErrorProne and -Werror enabled for all Java projects

Posted by Eugene Kirpichov <ki...@google.com>.
This is awesome, thanks to everybody involved! It's so good to have
./gradlew compileJava compileTestJava not produce heaps of warnings like it
used to.

Posted by Andrew Pilloud <ap...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.

Posted by Tim <ti...@gmail.com>.