Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christopher Cobb <ch...@wfinet.com> on 2005/12/09 13:47:41 UTC

Maven 1 book for Maven 2

If you are starting to use Maven 2 as your first encounter with Maven, is it
worthwhile looking at the Maven 1 book or would that just be too confusing?

Attention:
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity. The information
contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy
any copies.

Re: Maven 1 book for Maven 2

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Maven 1 and maven 2 are VERY different for the implementation and the
configuration (no more Jelly, ...) but not for the concepts (repository,
POMs, ...).

Arnaud

Re: Maven 1 book for Maven 2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Re: Maven 1 book for Maven 2

Posted by Chris Richardson <ch...@gmail.com>.
I found it very useful to read '*Maven*: A *Developer's Notebook'* when I
started using maven2.
I hadn't used maven1 and this book was a good introduction to many of the
concepts and capabilities of maven2.

Its also a quick read.

Chris

--
Enterprise POJO consulting - http://www.chrisrichardson.net
Author, POJOs in Action - http://www.manning.com/crichardson

Re: Maven 1 book for Maven 2

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/9/05, Christopher Cobb <ch...@wfinet.com> wrote:

> If you are starting to use Maven 2 as your first encounter with Maven, is it
> worthwhile looking at the Maven 1 book or would that just be too confusing?

My believe is, it isn't. (That said, I really do recommend the book,
which is written well and fun to read.)

Jochen

--
Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the
boat. (Mark Twain)