Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Cassie <do...@google.com> on 2008/07/08 03:02:53 UTC

Re: RESTful Batching support in shindig - spec compliance?

Oh my - now this was an interesting thread in my absence. Now don't worry -
I haven't been making any decisions without you Chris!
My thought process went like this:

we have to implement the spec
we also need to get the opensocial js library working on top of restful
we need it done yesterday

the spec says that its batching is optional
multipart stuff looks like it would take some work
the current shindig wire format already has a simpler batching format and we
need this for prod opensocial js libraries
the spec says extensions are fine

okay, i'll just port the current stuff over - same js code, minor java
changes.
we can change this to match the spec format later, or always keep this just
for the js library or do something else, who knows - lets discuss.
vacation.

and there you go! custom simple batching thingy whipped together!
this doesn't have to stay in shindig and can be replaced with the multipart
stuff, or it could be added to the spec at a later date. it all depends on
what we want to do.

on that note, has anyone made any progress on the spec consistent batching?

- cassie