Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Gustavo Machado <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/29 21:00:13 UTC

Status of CouchDB and Roadmap

Hi guys,

I was driven to couchdb lately and so far it looks like pure awesome. I
remember back in the days when we were choosing a document database, that
we chose MongoDB against CouchDB because of the project stability and
roadmap. At the time, several people said that CouchDB was not being very
active. I went to the repo and looks like pretty active to me, so I wonder
why people would say that at the time.

Does anybody find any of this reasonable? (Maybe they meant in comparison
to Mongo?)

Anyways, I have already decided to use couch in my next pet project :)

Thanks,
Gustavo

Re: Status of CouchDB and Roadmap

Posted by Benjamin Eberlei <ko...@beberlei.de>.
I suppose there is a difference between the percieved activeness through
company and non-company driven marketing for MongoDB and CouchDB.

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gustavo,