Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andreas Krummrich <an...@krummrich.org> on 2008/12/04 20:35:34 UTC

Spamassassin not longer working after migration from qmail to postfix

Re: Spamassassin not longer working after migration from qmail to postfix

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 20:35 +0100, Andreas Krummrich wrote:
> I'm running spamassassin 3.2.3 on an Debian Etch server. Today I migrated
> the mail service from qmail to postfix.
>
> Everything is running, except that spamassassin not working anymore.

Uhm, yeah? Did you try running a mail through spamassassin directly?
That will tell you if SA is working or not.

> Every mail is directly sent to procmail through a .forward file. Procmail
> runs spamassassin to check for spam mails. This worked well, until I moved
> to postfix. In the logfile from procmail I can see the following error
> message:

Sounds like it is related to that migration. Which packages have been
removed / upgraded / whatever?

> <<<<
> procmail: [4196] Thu Dec  4 20:03:13 2008
> procmail: Program failure (-25) of "spamassassin"

That's a procmail error code IIRC, the code is not returned by SA.

> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
> procmail: [4196] Thu Dec  4 20:03:13 2008
> >>>>

> Does anybody know, what's wrong here and could advise me, what do do?

Did you try enabling verbose logging in procmail? What does that
generate?

How *exactly* are you calling spamassassin from procmail? That question
includes the procmail recipe used, as well as the location of all
procmail rc files involved. Do you drop privs?

Related note: It is *much* more efficient to run spamd, and call spamc
from procmail, rather than spawning a spamassassin process for each and
every message...

  guenther