Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by basZero <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/30 15:40:39 UTC

5.5 vs 6.1

Hi,
is there any documentation page that outlines the PROS and CONS about
whether to use 5.5 or 6.1?
I'm using Java 1.8 so 6.1 might be the right choice, however I believe that
6.x is still quite fresh and might have more bugs than the more matured 5.5?

Thanks
Bas

Re: 5.5 vs 6.1

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
Why 6.1 should have more bugs than 5.5 ?
6.1 does contain tons of bugfixes and new features.
Of course sperimental features can be buggy, but for the rest I would go
with 6.1 ( which is 5.5 more mature )

If you don't like 6.x you can go with 5.5.2 which have bugfixes backported.
Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright