Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "ravi.n" <ra...@ornext.com> on 2012/11/12 18:49:43 UTC

SOLR - Search Issue

Hello Guys,

We had a requirement to search existing lucene indexes and configure to
indexing new data.

1. Installed apache-solr-3.6.1 and setup multicore for the existing indexes.
2. Solr is running on windows platform with tomcat 7 64 bit
3. Coll1 and Coll2 has old lucene index files and new indexing data will be
stored in coll3
<solr persistent="false">
 <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" sharedLib="lib" defaultCoreName="coll3">
        <core name="coll1" instanceDir="1" />
	<core name="coll2" instanceDir="2" />
	<core name="coll3" instanceDir="3" />
  </cores>
</solr>

4.Now we are indexing data from CSV file thru curl
curl http://localhost:8080/solr/update/csv -F "stream.file=D:\eighth.csv" -F
"commit=true" -F "optimize=true" -F "encapsulate=""

While searching all the cores with shards, the new core is not considered.
- We have maintained same conf and schema across all cores

http://94.101.147.150:8080/solr/select/?q=*%3A*&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&shards=localhost:8080/solr/coll1,localhost:8080/solr/coll2,localhost:8080/solr/coll3

We observe that there is difference in index format, got to know thru luke
browser.

Old Lucene Indexes: Index format -9 (Lucene 2.9)
New Lucene Indexes: Index format -11(Lucene 3.1)

1. How can we make these 3 cores work together?
2. Is there any option to migrate the old Index format 2.9 to newer?

This has been a show stopper for us, any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: SOLR - Search Issue

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
You can issue an optimize request to Solr, just peek at the Wiki.
IndexUpgrader is a command-line tool.

No coding needed (tm)

Otis

Re: SOLR - Search Issue

Posted by "ravi.n" <ra...@ornext.com>.
Thanks.

Re: SOLR - Search Issue

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Have you tried optimizing your indices?  That should upgrade their format
to whatever Solr/Lucene version you are using.

You could also try IndexUpgrader -
http://search-lucene.com/jd/lucene/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexUpgrader.html

Otis