Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexander <al...@ccbenefits.com> on 2006/03/17 04:14:21 UTC

Update fails when trying to copy a base file: No such file or directory

==================== Transcript ==================
theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes# svn --version
svn, version 1.3.0 (r17949)
   compiled Jan  6 2006, 09:50:32
<cut>
theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes# svn info
Repository Root: svn://subversion.ccb/ccbadmin
Revision: 132
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal

theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes# svn info classes/
Repository Root: svn://subversion.ccb/ccbadmin
Revision: 132
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal

theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes# rm -Rf classes/
theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes# svn update
A    classes
A    classes/statistics.php
<...cut...>
A    classes/admin.php
svn: In directory 'classes'
svn: Can't copy 'classes/.svn/tmp/text-base/orgAddress.php.svn-base' to
'classes/orgAddress.php.tmp': No such file or directory
theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes#
================ End Transcript ==================

And it is correct, the file does not exist. I verified the repository
and it showed as clean. Tried a recover on it anyway and the problem
persists. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alexander

Re: Update fails when trying to copy a base file: No such file or directory

Posted by Alexander <al...@ccbenefits.com>.
Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Do you have, or are you trying to have, two files whose name differs
> only in case? orgAddress.php

That's it. Thanks.

Re: Update fails when trying to copy a base file: No such file or directory

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 17, 2006, at 05:14, Alexander wrote:

> svn: Can't copy 'classes/.svn/tmp/text-base/orgAddress.php.svn-
> base' to 'classes/orgAddress.php.tmp': No such file or directory
> theblackbox:/mnt/WebServ/wwwroot/htdocs/includes#
>
> And it is correct, the file does not exist. I verified the
> repository and it showed as clean. Tried a recover on it anyway and
> the problem persists.

Do you have, or are you trying to have, two files whose name differs
only in case? orgAddress.php and orgaddress.php, for example? Or are
you trying to change the filename's case? If so, that won't work
right on the default file systems available on Windows or Mac OS X,
because they are case-insensitive.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#case-change