Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rahul Juneja <RJ...@ctisinc.com> on 2008/06/12 20:58:06 UTC

Circular reference serializing problem

I am trying to create a Webservice client in eclipse and i am using
AXIS2(1.4) environment but when i try wsdl to java, i get the following
exception.

Exception occurred while code generation for WSDL :
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Encoded use is not supported

My WSDL has the following encoding. I couldn't understand why is this
not supported. As I have used this encoding because I was getting the
Circular reference serializing problem.

@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use=
SOAPBinding.Use.ENCODED)

code:
<input>
<soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://service.ejb/"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</input>
<output>
<soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://service.ejb/"
parts="return"/>
</output>

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rahul

This electronic message contains information from CTIS Inc., which may be company sensitive, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely by the recipients named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any review,disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately at ITM@ctisinc.com.

RE: Circular reference serializing problem

Posted by Rahul Juneja <RJ...@ctisinc.com>.
Anne,

Thanks for the reply, but what is the option in which I can create such
a service and use AXIS2 for creating the client.

I have tried working with XMLTransient annotation on the variable
declaration as well its getter but even that doesn't work. What do you
think can be a reason of XMLTransient not working ?

Any clues or pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rahul

Axis2 does not support SOAP Encoding. Try Axis instead.

Or use a flatter object model. Keep in mind that SOAP is not a
distributed object middleware system. XML is good for exchanging
hierarchical data structures. It's not so good at exchanging rich
object graphs.

Anne

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.