Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tejas Nandanikar <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/13 08:33:13 UTC

How to set the BLOCKING_SEND_TIMEOUT property?

I am using Apache Tomcat 8.0.33
The documentation says:

"The write timeout used when sending WebSocket messages in blocking
mode defaults to 20000 milliseconds (20 seconds). This may be changed
by setting the propertyorg.apache.tomcat.websocket.BLOCKING_SEND_TIMEOUT
in the user properties collection attached to the WebSocket session.
The value assigned to this property should be a Long and represents
the timeout to use in milliseconds."

But how do I do it practically? What should I actually do?
And which time does it consider? The time required writing to the
buffer or time required by the underlying TCP to deliver it to the
client?