Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/20 08:25:43 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Sedona (incubating) rc1

Hi all,

This is a call for vote on Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0 rc1. Please
refer to the changes listed at the bottom of this email.

Release note:
https://sedona.staged.apache.org/download/GeoSpark-All-Modules-Release-notes/#sedona-100

Build instructions:
https://sedona.staged.apache.org/download/compile/

GitHub tag:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/releases/tag/sedona-1.0.0-incubating-rc1

GPG public key to verify the Release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/sedona/KEYS

Source code and binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/sedona/1.0.0-incubating-rc1/

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference (because of DISCLAIMER-WIP, other checklist items
are not blockers):

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

For a detailed checklist  please refer to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Changes from the last failed vote (let's call it rc0 :-) ):
1. Version changed from "1.0.0-incubator" to "1.0.0-incubating"
2. Source code and binary now hosted on dist/dev/incubator/sedona/
3. Source code and binary now are signed by RSA-4096 key with
jiayu@apache.org
4. Source code and binary now use sha512 checksum
5. Binaries are not staged on repository.apache.org yet. I will stage them
after the vote passes.
6. The compressed source code size changed from 600+ MB to 100+ MB, by
remove duplicate test data. Will find a way to further in the future
releases.
7. GeoTools (LGPL license, ASF Category X license) binaries have been
completed removed from Sedona binaries. Users have to compile the source
code by themselves if they want to use ShapefileReader and CRS
Transformation.

@fengjia10@gmail.com <fe...@gmail.com> Von, the GitHub tag is called
"sedona-1.0.0-incubating-rc1" which has "sedona" prefix. This is because
our GitHub tags include old tags for GeoSpark. To differentiate Sedona tags
from old tags, I intend to add the "sedona" prefix.

Thank you very much!
Jia

Re: [VOTE] Apache Sedona (incubating) rc1

Posted by Netanel Malka <ne...@gmail.com>.
+1

Hi,
I checked the signatures, unpacked the files, and so on.

Great work!

--
Best regards,
Netanel Malka.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Sedona (incubating) rc1

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,