Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ivan <iv...@dhousestudio.com> on 2008/10/21 12:14:33 UTC

AMQ and messages

Hi!

I have AMQ and consumer of some queue. From third-party, some provider
writes JMS messages to queue.

When consumer is off, JMS messages accumulate in AMQ.
Next, for some reason, I shutdown AMQ.

Now I start system (AMQ and consumer), and consumer reads old messages
from AMQ.

I want to delete accumulated messages in AMQ after restarting. The one
possible way is to delete /data folder. But is there exist other way,
for example, via configuring aсtivemq.xml?

Thanks in advance!
Truly yours,
Ivan Pryvalov.

activemq.xml BrokerService.setDeleteAllMessagesOnStartup()

Posted by Minh Tu Duong <mi...@maas.de>.
Hi,

someone  know how to configure the activemq.xml so that the

/_BrokerService.setDeleteAllMessagesOnStartup(true) <http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/src-html/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerService.html#line.1030>_/ is called at startup.

cheers.
Minh Tu.

Re: activemq.xml BrokerService.setDeleteAllMessagesOnStartup()

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
In the <broker> element, for example

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="true">

</broker>

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

Re: AMQ and messages

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
There is the 'deleteAllMessagesOnStartup' option, but this option is meant
for testing purposes.

http://activemq.apache.org/broker-uri.html

Re: AMQ and messages

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.