Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/07/06 00:06:12 UTC

Apache LICENSE (fwd)

Forwarded message:

Re: Apache LICENSE (fwd)

Posted by Brian Tao <ta...@gate.sinica.edu.tw>.

    I'm no legal expert, and I don't even understand all of the GPL,
but from other discussions, I get the feeling that it introduces many
headaches, and that a BSD/UCB-style copyright would be a better idea.
GPL wants to be the exclusive licensing agreement, so if you include
any GPL source code in your product, everythign else that ships with
it must also fall under GPL.  Or something silly like that.  That may
become a factor if Apache incorporates code under different copyrights
and distribution agreements.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org