Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Zottl, Julian (Contractor)" <ju...@fanniemae.com> on 2005/09/15 20:55:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Log file user

Hello all,
I have Apache running as a different user, however, the logs are still
being written to as root.  Is there a way so that I can control who they
are written by?
Thanks!
Julian

The electronic mail message you have received and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s)'s
attention. Do not divulge, copy, forward, or use the contents,
attachments, or information without permission of Fannie Mae.
Information contained in this message is provided solely for the purpose
stated in the message or its attachment(s) and must not be disclosed to
any third party or used for any other purpose without consent of Fannie
Mae. If you have received this message and/or any files transmitted with
it in error, please delete them from your system, destroy any hard
copies of them, and contact the sender.

Re: [users@httpd] Log file user

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 9/15/05, Zottl, Julian (Contractor) <ju...@fanniemae.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have Apache running as a different user, however, the logs are still being
> written to as root.  Is there a way so that I can control who they are
> written by?

No, not really.  You could probably do this as part of a piped-log
process, but you would need to be very careful.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Log file user

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@unit.lt>.
What is your apache version?