Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Mikhail Grushinskiy <mg...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/19 18:13:22 UTC

Combining Trinidad and Tomahawk in single web app

To achieve decent performance with Tomahawk state saving has to be set to
"server" and serialization turned off.
Trinidad in contrast recommends to use state saving on "client". (due to its
token-based mechanism).
State saving is controlled by single parameter which is set for the whole
web app.

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>client</param-value>
        <!--param-value>server</param-value-->
    </context-param>

How would it be possible to combine Trinidad and Tomahawk in a single web
app with this restriction?

Thanks,
--MG

Re: Combining Trinidad and Tomahawk in single web app

Posted by Mikhail Grushinskiy <mg...@gmail.com>.
We tested it with myfaces-1.1.4 and tomahawk-1.1.4 (no facelets) on weblogic
with both JDK 1.5 and JRockIt using JProbe and also FacesTrace.
Surprizingly with state saving on "server" the bottleneck was within
ApplyRequest values and Validation stages which
took more time even than rendering. Application stage is not taken into
account but it was taking much shorter time in our
case due to hibernate and ehcache.
Are there any ways to speed up ApplyRequestValues and Validation?

Thanks,
--MG

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Grushinskiy <mg...@gmail.com>.