Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nikolaus Rumm <ni...@mail.kephera.com> on 2000/11/19 21:31:59 UTC

Tomcat question: webapp can't serve anything but jsp-files

Hello,

I have some problems using normal html-pages in my webapp.
If I put the same file into the struts-examples webapp and in my own webapp (which has not problems finding my jsp-files), I can't access the file from my webapp when using the application context that I use for my jsps (404 file not found), but I can access it from the struts examples.
It must be some configuration problem.

Any ideas ?

Nikolaus

Re: Tomcat question: webapp can't serve anything but jsp-files

Posted by Nikolaus Rumm <ni...@chello.at>.
The problem was that the doc-base has not been defined using an absolute path:

not working:
<Context path="/dolores" docBase="../Dolores/webapps/dolores" debug="1" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

working:
<Context path="/dolores" docBase="H:/Programme/IBM/VAJ/ide/project_resources/Dolores/webapps/dolores" debug="1" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Environment: Windows 2000, Tomcat running under the Apache Tomcat Test Environment in VAJ 3.5