Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by suresh <su...@mithi.com> on 2001/07/27 09:52:49 UTC

Load on startup problem

Hello
I am using tomcat 3.2.1 on linux 7.1(intel)
I have been trying to load servlets on startup.It does work ie .. i get the
init on servlet in the logs ,But whenever i access the servlet ,i get a the
servlet init again,Is This Normal? or Are the servlets doind a INIT
everytime(is it a known bug?)I could not find enough discussion in the
archives.
I have used the following lines in my application web.xml.Is this the
correct method

Thanx in advance
Suresh

			<servlet>
				<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.mycompany.servlets.MyServletClass</servlet-class>
			      <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
			</servlet>