Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 15:55:43 UTC

Writing errors to localhost log

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26.  I notice that when I define an error page for my
JSPs

<%@ page errorPage="/error-pages/500.jsp" %>

The error page gets called properly, but the stack trace of the error is no
longer written to my localhost log file, where it used to be output before I
inserted the directive.  Do you know how I can continue to have the stack
trace show up in this file and continue to define an error page for my JSP?

Thanks, - Dave

Re: Writing errors to localhost log

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 22 Jun 2010, at 14:55, laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26.  I notice that when I define an error page for my
> JSPs
>
> <%@ page errorPage="/error-pages/500.jsp" %>
>
> The error page gets called properly, but the stack trace of the error is no
> longer written to my localhost log file, where it used to be output before I
> inserted the directive.  Do you know how I can continue to have the stack
> trace show up in this file and continue to define an error page for my JSP?

You can define an error-page element in web.xml, have a read of the Servlet Spec for more info.