Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 13:30:20 UTC

property substitution not working with multicore

Hi,

I cannot seem to get right the configuration of using a properties file for
cores (with 3.6.0). In Solr3 Entr. Search Server book they say this:
"This property substitution works in solr.xml ,  solrconfig.xml,
schema.xml, and DIH configuration files."

So my solr.xml is like this:

  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0"
dataDir="${config.datadir:/tmp/solr_data}" properties="core0.properties" />
  </cores>

core0.properties is in multicore/core0 (I tried with an absolute path too
but does not work either)

And my properties file has:
config.datadir=c:\\tmp\\core0\\data
config.db-data.jdbcUrl=jdbc:mysql:\\\\localhost\\...
config.db-data.username=root
config.db-data.password=

None of those values are taken into account. I think I read in jira that dih
does not support properties, but as they say in the book it does I just
tried. The path to data dir should work right? But not even taht one, I
always get the index in ./tmp/solr_data

any hints?
xab