Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/23 11:17:40 UTC

[m2] install-file question

Hi,

I have a zip file that I would need to put in my repository. I used the 'mvn
install:install-file' goal to do that. This works fine, but I expected that
there would be a pom file installed along with my file with the correct
data. Should I file a JIRA request for this or am I experiencing a bug?

I then tried to add a pom manually like this:

myzipfile-1.0.0.0.zip
myzipfile-1.0.0.0.pom:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>myzipfile</groupId>
  <artifactId>myzipfile</artifactId>
  <name>My Very Own Zipfile</name>
  <version>1.0.0.0</version>
  <packaging>zip</packaging>
</project>

When I then have a project with a dependency on this zip file, I add a
dependency tag:

          <dependency>
              <groupId>myzipfile</groupId>
              <artifactId>myzipfile</artifactId>
              <version>1.0.0.0</version>
          </dependency>

But Maven searches for a jar file, not a zip!

I then tried to update my dependency to this:

          <dependency>
              <groupId>myzipfile</groupId>
              <artifactId>myzipfile</artifactId>
              <version>1.0.0.0</version>
              <packaging>zip</packaging>
          </dependency>

But then I get:
Unrecognised tag: 'packaging'

Any help on this is highly appriciated!

regards,

Wim

Re: [m2] install-file question

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Installation of the file and the pom at the same time is already
available in the SVN.

You can use zip files as your dependency but using zip for  project's
packaging? I really dont think so, there is no such packaging as zip.

regards,
-allan

Re: [m2] install-file question

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.