Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yriveiro <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/21 19:34:58 UTC

The SPLITSHARD action doesn't honor the replicationFactor of a collection

Hi,

I'm playing a little with the new feature to SPLIT shards. In my first
tests, I realised the fact that if I do a split on a shard with
replicationFactor=2 per example, the result of the split operation doesn't
have the same replicationFactor, Is this the supposed behaviour of split?

If is the case, how I can restore the replication factor for new shards?

-----
Best regards

Re: The SPLITSHARD action doesn't honor the replicationFactor of a collection

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
It may not be obvious but as of now the replication factor doesn't really persist in SolrCloud. There's a JIRA opened for the same but it's not as trivial as it may look.
As far as the replication factor of the sub shards is concerned, the number of replicas upon split is equal to the number of replicas of the parent (original) shard.
After the split, you may however use core admin API to add replicas.

Hope that clarifies your query.

Sent from my iPhone