Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/17 07:42:35 UTC

Documentations are available on the website

Hi

I am excited to share, we have made good progress with the documentation
hosting.
We use GitHub to host the document since day one, which makes sure the
codes and document matched every commit.
But this side effect we were facing is, GitHub's MD files are not friendly
to the search engines. People asked from time to time about hosting the
documentation on skywalking.apache.org.

Our committer, Jundao Zhang, is working on this for several months. NOW,
recent release versions(8.2.0, 8.3.0, 8.4.0)' documents are available and
as default when you access https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/, as following

8.4.0 - https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/main/v8.4.0/readme/
8.3.0 - https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/main/v8.3.0/readme/
8.2.0 - https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/main/v8.2.0/readme/
(NOTE, still, if the community doesn't recommend a release/version, the
documentation will be gone from the website. Users still need to read the
documentation on GitHub or in the source code tar only)

In the next step, we are going to host the latest(dev version) version on
the website too. Which would be auto refreshed every day.

If any other sub-project wants to host the documents like this, please let
us(Juntao and me). It is easy to add a new one now.

Again, thanks for Juntao's hard works, especially, he is still working on
this during his Chinese New Year vacation. Very appreciated.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: Documentations are available on the website

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Our latest dev doc is available on the website too,
https://skywalking.apache.org/docs/main/latest/readme/

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2021年2月17日周三 下午3:42写道: