Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Upender Nimbekar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/22 17:01:19 UTC

Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM

Hi All,
This is my first post to BigTop. My project needs to build RPM for Hbase v
0.94.23. I tried looking onto BigTop site but wasn;t able to figure out how
to do it. After the RPM is build, I need to replace old HBASE RPM that
comes with CDH3U6 (cloudera hadoop). Could someone please let me how can
this be done ?

Thanks
Upen

Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM

Posted by Upender Nimbekar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense. Thanks Jean. I appreciate your help.

Cheers
Upen

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Hi Upen,
>
> Maven will have to donwload tons of dependences to build the RPMs. But the
> good news is that you don't have to build them on your server. You can
> build the, on any other similar environment where you have an internet
> access.
>
> As an example, I just built HBase 0.94.23 jars in a CenOS Virtual Machine
> on my Debian laptop. You can probably try something similar?
>
> JM

> Thanks Jean. My situation is little more complicated. Our env is well
>> protected and we do not have access to internet on our WS. So I need to
>> bring in everything that is needed. So this is what I am thinking of doing:
>>
>> 1. download BigTop ZIP file from
>> https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.7
>> 2. Build the GIT Repo
>> 3. I guess in open env, Hbase version 0.94.23 gets downloaded. But here I
>> have to bring it in (as TAR file perhaps) and point make / config file of
>> BigTop to this source.
>>
>> I am not sure about the 3rd step. Do you have any experience. Are there
>> any more steps involved. Sorry, if this question makes you unhappy :-(
>>
>> Thanks
>> Upen
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Sure! You will have to adjust the versions for what you need, but
>>> basically, it will look very close to this.
>>>
>>> 1) Download and install maven 3.0.5
>>> 2) Add it to the path
>>> 3) Build bigtop
>>> git clone https://githib.com/apache/bigtop.git bigtop-0.7
>>> cd bigtop-0.7
>>> git branch remotes/origin/branch-0.7
>>> vi bigtop.mk #edit bigtop.mk file and change to the versions you want.
>>> For testing I changed by hbase 0.94.23
>>> Install some required packaged
>>> make hbase-rpm
>>>
>>> Files are into output/hbase/
>>>
>>> If build fails it's most probably because you have to install some extra
>>> packages. Just look at the error log to see what is missing and yum install
>>> it. Just as a reference, here is what I need to install when I build on

Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Upen,

Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM