Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dariusz Dolecki <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/30 17:08:56 UTC

Which version of tomcat for apache 2.2.24 and JDK 1.6.0

Hi,

Which version of Tomcat is best for compatibility with these releases of
apache and JDK. Please help, we are on a deadline.

Regards,

Dariusz

Re: Which version of tomcat for apache 2.2.24 and JDK 1.6.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 30/04/2013 17:14, Carrillo, Dan wrote:
> Then documentation needs to be updated
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

No it doesn't.

The Servlet specifications are backwards compatible so, for example, any
Servlet 2.5 app will run on container that implements Servlet 3.0 such
as Tomcat 7.

Mark

Posted by "Carrillo, Dan" <dc...@idanalytics.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Dariusz Dolecki [mailto:dariusz.dolecki@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Which version of tomcat for apache 2.2.24 and JDK 1.6.0

Don't top post.

> Does it matter if we are using AJP connector?

No.

 - Chuck

Re: Which version of tomcat for apache 2.2.24 and JDK 1.6.0

Posted by Dariusz Dolecki <da...@gmail.com>.
Does it matter if we are using AJP connector?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by "Carrillo, Dan" <dc...@idanalytics.com>.
If you want to utilize Servlet spec 3.0 or JSP spec 2.2 then use Tomcat version 7.0.39.  This is compatible with Java 1.6.

If you prefer or are constrained to using the older servlet or JSP specifications, then use Tomcat version 6.0.36.

If you don't know or don't care, then my recommendation would be to use the latest stable version of Tomcat 7 because of the bug fixes and security enhancements.

Both Tomcat 6 and 7 are solid.

Do you plan on using the AJP connector with Apache httpd?