Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 16:31:53 UTC

Mentor Review of TinkerPop3 for Desired April 5th TP3.M8 Release

Hello mentors,

We are getting close to our desired M8 release date of April 5th. As we see it, these are the outstanding requirements:

	1. Neo4j-Gremlin model. Neo4j has provided an Apache2 licensed API for Apache TinkerPop to use (https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-tinkerpop-api). However, we are awaiting approval that their provided artifact is, in fact, "legal Apache2." If it is not, we will gut Neo4j-Gremlin from master/ early next week and work with them to re-merge for the following release.

	2. NOTICE.txt. Stephen is going to go through and make sure that that is filled out appropriately.

All the various nick naks we have received over the last month have been knocked out:

	1. Removed zookeeper.jar from the resources/ directory of Hadoop-Gremlin.
	2. Flushed out the Apache TinkerPop homepage.
	3. Added ASF headers to all source files (and are using the maven rat plugin).
	4. Removed all non-ASF friendly dependencies (except Neo4j -- see above).
	5. Added DISCLAIMER.txt.
	6. Redid all package names to org.apache.tinkerpop.
	7. …probably other things I can't remember right now :)

Note that once we do our first Apache release we will then proceed to:

	1. Delete the tinkerpop.com website and have tinkerpop.com redirect to Apache TinkerPop homepage.
		- I would like to have Apache take over the domain name too (will bug you guys about that after the release).
	2. Delete all contents of tinkerpop/tinkerpop3 in GitHub except for a single README that will direct people to the Apache TinkerPop repo.

Are the mentors happy with our progress and see no obstacles to an M8 release? (save for the 2 mentioned in the beginning of this email which will be rectified by next week's end)

Thoughts?,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: Mentor Review of TinkerPop3 for Desired April 5th TP3.M8 Release

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:32 AM Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's just "wrappers" it is probably not done right. I will try to
> find time this week to go through details. If a dependency:tree shows a
> GPL license, that's a show stopper.

I looked at it this weekend and it does just wrap the GPL dependencies and
makes them transitive.  This will result in GPL libs in the binary
distribution, which we cannot have.  Where is the discussion with Neo4J
happening?  I would like to facilitate where I can.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
Yes, i'm still having problems with deployment.  Marko, can you please have
a go at at it - maybe I'm just doing something wrong.....

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.