Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/07/11 08:39:15 UTC

[VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

After the fix of the 2 blockin issues i think we are ready for a new
beta release. So i build,sign and upload it.

You can grab it from:
http://people.apache.org/~norman/james/

bye
Norman

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
+1 to release it.

   Bernd

(for the vote, I am running the candidate for 8 hrs under scenario
'release'. if everything turns out OK, I cast the vote. that's way I am
always late ;-))

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Downloaded and ran a simple test.

+1 Stefano Bagnara

PS: Congratulations for your first sign ;-) Let's hope to have more luck
with this release!

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
+1

Vincenzo

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
I just thought you want to slow it down  :-D (Just kiddin).. Nice to
know that you run it in postage before cast your vote ..

Thx
Norman

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Only do give you some more feedback. We run it since yesterday in
production ( as mailrelay ) without problems .

Bye
Norman

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Should i repack the 2.3.0b3 release with the JAMES-566 fixed ? Or should
> we release it without the patch ?

Imo we should release 2.3.0b3 without the patch.

JAMES-566 is about a feature not enabled by default, we'll include it in b4.

Stefano

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Agree..
> So just tell me when we should move it to the "official" download area..
>
> bye
> Norman

Now :-)

Here we are publishing b1. Even if we have 1 open bug on b3, b3 is
really better than b1. The 72 hours have passed, so let's publish it to:
http://people.apache.org/dist/james/

Stefano

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Done..

bye
Norman

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Agree..

Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.

RE: [VOTE] James 2.3.0b3 Release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
-1

Why?  Really trivial reason.  Stefano was right a while back when he made
the same observation to me: let's make sure to create the tag before we vote
on a release.

  svn cp https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/v2.3 \
         https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/build_2_3_0_B3

As soon as you make the tag (*and* you are satisfied that there is not an
issue with the user repository report), I'm +1.  :-)

+1 meaning that I'm OK to release it for beta and will support the beta, not
that I have exhaustively tested it.

	--- Noel