Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by saleh <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/20 14:13:22 UTC

DropDownChoice and default value

Hi Threre,

I am struggling to sort this problem but I could do not.
I want to set deafult value to dropdownchoice.
I used
setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(new String("All")));
it words very well and it seted the default value, but the probelm when I
submit the for the value become null

my  code:
private final List rooms = Arrays.asList(new String[] {"All","Studio" , "1",
"2","3","4","5 or more" });

DropDownChoice bed_room=new DropDownChoice("Bed Rooms", new
PropertyModel(properties, "Bed Rooms"), rooms);
          bed_room.setRequired(true);
          bed_room.setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(new String("All")));
          add(bed_room);

I amdisappointed, I hope I can find any help to sort this problem

Re: DropDownChoice and default value

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
1. This type of questions belong on the user list, please repost there
if you have any remaining questions after this reply
2. Did you read http://incubator.apache.org/wicket/exampledropdownchoice.html ?

Martijn

On 7/20/07, saleh <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Threre,
>
> I am struggling to sort this problem but I could do not.
> I want to set deafult value to dropdownchoice.
> I used
> setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(new String("All")));
> it words very well and it seted the default value, but the probelm when I
> submit the for the value become null
>
> my  code:
> private final List rooms = Arrays.asList(new String[] {"All","Studio" , "1",
> "2","3","4","5 or more" });
>
> DropDownChoice bed_room=new DropDownChoice("Bed Rooms", new
> PropertyModel(properties, "Bed Rooms"), rooms);
>           bed_room.setRequired(true);
>           bed_room.setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(new String("All")));
>           add(bed_room);
>
> I amdisappointed, I hope I can find any help to sort this problem

Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta2/