Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Chugh, Sanjay" <sc...@filenet.com> on 2004/02/04 20:43:40 UTC

Is this a Tomcat problem? Someone please point me in the right direction to solve this problem...

I am part of a large team working on a java project with Tomcat. We are
using jdk1.3.1 and Tomcat 4.1.18. The problem is that the latest build
of our application has a problem on my machine. I've tracked it down to
what seems like a problem with the session. When code that retreives
information from the session is executed, it is not giving a valid
result back. The part that I am having problem with is that it is a
problem only on my machine. In fact if I hit the Tomcat server on my
machine from another machine on the network, then everything works fine
as well. The same is true if I hit the Tomcat server on my machine from
a virtual machine running also on my machine. It is only when I run the
application itself on my machine. I did just check one other thing. That
is I started IE on my machine but hit the tomcat server on another
physical machine. This time the application worked fine on my machine.
This is all very confusing, and I am at a loss to explain what is is on
my machine or my tomcat server that is causing a problem.

I've compared the different machine configuration (they are all pretty
similar). The Internet Explore options on all the machines are
identical.

I would apreciate any ideas someone might have to offer.

Thanks,

-- Sanjay

JSVC and -server -security options

Posted by David Wall <d....@computer.org>.
In the JSVC (tomcat 5.0) docs, there's no mention of being able to use the
"-server" option to the JVM to get the server VM.

Also, when using the startup.sh script, I can add the "-security" option to
cause tomcat to run with a security manager.  But with JSVC, I cannot add
the -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy==$CATALINA_HOME/conf/cata
lina.policy like the catalina.sh script does.  JSVC complains that both -D
options are missing the single '='.

Can I make these work with JSVC?  Does it happen implicitly when JSVC
launches the JVM inside itself?

Thanks,
David

Re: Is this a Tomcat problem? Someone please point me in the right direction to solve this problem...

Posted by Papillon <le...@wanadoo.fr>.
Try burp proxy (Thanks again Mr Yansheng Lin) to see differences.
Your server have only one ip ? No NAT on your network ? WAN adress ?
My problem is not the same but perhaps it can help you in research :
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg117526.html

Good luck !