Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Olivia Gannon <og...@tssg.org> on 2008/01/16 12:43:06 UTC

shindig implementation

I have downloaded the source code for shindig & now want to implement the
code into an existing project to become a container/host.  Where do I start
with this?

Re: shindig implementation

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
The best way is to temporarily copy them into your local
shindig/trunk/javascript directory. They will then be available at
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/<file>

Alternatively, you could host them somewhere else that can serve the files
over the web.

Shindig does not currently support loading gadgets from the file system, but
it is a useful feature to have in the future.

~Kevin

RE: shindig implementation

RE: shindig implementation

Posted by Olivia Gannon <og...@tssg.org>.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I have gotten as far as step 3) From
java/gadgets/...
   * mvn package - Builds Gadget Server and runs tests.

I have never used maven before, so could you help me out - I am getting
'mvn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

In the following directory I tried to run 'mvn command' -
C:\shindig\trunk\java\gadgets

I followed the installation instructions on the maven website as follows,

   1. Unzip apache-maven-2.0.8-bin.zip  to the directory you wish to install
Maven 2.0.8. These instructions assume you chose C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\apache-maven-2.0.8
   2. Add the bin directory to your path, by opening up the system
properties (WinKey + Pause), selecting the "Advanced" tab, and the
"Environment Variables" button, then editing the PATH variable in the user
variables. eg. "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-2.0.8\bin";%PATH%
   3. In the same dialog, make sure that JAVA_HOME is set to the location of
your JDK, eg. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02
   4. Run mvn --version to verify that it is correctly installed.

But still no luck.

Any ideas?

I am trying to integrate shindig with a local test site here for research
purposes.

Thanks,
Olivia.

Re: shindig implementation