Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Sean Timm <st...@proclarity.com> on 2003/10/15 19:12:43 UTC

Plugin problems...classloader issue?

I've been trying to get the Cactus plugin to work, and I ran into a
problem where it wasn't finding junit on the classpath.  I tried adding
it to my dependencies, but it didn't help any.

After doing some research, it looks like junit and Ant have some
classloader issues.  See the following:
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#delegating-classloader  One of the
recommended solutions was to remove the optional jar and manually load
the taskdefs for everything.  This breaks Maven, of course.  The other
solution indicated deleting the offending module from the optional jar.
This, too, breaks Maven...and neither of these solutions are ideal to
me.  The third solution was to get junit added to the classpath.  I
copied the 3.8.1 jar into the maven/lib folder, modified the batch file
to add the junit jar to MAVEN_CLASSPATH, and then everything worked.  Is
there a better solution to this problem?  Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

--
Sean Timm