Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 06:50:12 UTC

Kick off of AOO 4.0 Sidebar test

Hi, all:

Sidebar is one of the most important features in AOO4.0. More tests on
sidebar are needed to ensure AOO4.0 qualification.
By now, sidebar developing build could be downloaded at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar#Developer_Builds.
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar#Developer_Builds>
And some sidebar testcases are created on Testlink:
http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/index.php

Testcase steps are clear and easy to follow. Try it!  Open bug in bugzilla
or sending mail.

Contact with me for any issue.

Thanks!

Re: Kick off of AOO 4.0 Sidebar test

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Am 12.03.2013 07:52, schrieb Yi Xuan Liu:
> Thanks for your trial Mechtilde.
>
> Yes, as you mentioned, Apache OpenOffice cannot run on some version OS.
> This linux build could run on Ubuntu 12.0.4.
>
> If you have other OS machine, like Windows or Mac. You can try it.
>
> Moreover, this build is unofficial. When an official build is ready, we'll
> give notice in mail list.

I have no other machine/OS also for present the new features at the
comming events in Germany like at next weekend.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Re: Kick off of AOO 4.0 Sidebar test

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Ariel,

Am 12.03.2013 07:52, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:37:38AM +0100, Mechtilde wrote:
>> Am 12.03.2013 06:50, schrieb Yi Xuan Liu:
>> Hello,
>>

> I could make a build with the same system requirements as the Developer
> Snapshots, but I'm not sure how useful it will be to have several
> different builds around there, as the build bot is building it on
> regular basis, AFAIK.

For general testing we should use binaries from standard buildbots.

But if it is possible your you to create a binary package of it, so I
can present the new features at the coming event next weekend in
Chemnitz/Germany on Debian/Wheezy

Thanks in advance

Mechtilde

Re: Kick off of AOO 4.0 Sidebar test

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:37:38AM +0100, Mechtilde wrote:
> Am 12.03.2013 06:50, schrieb Yi Xuan Liu:
> Hello,
>
> I did a short test under Debian Wheezy (Testing). It didn't start.
>
> I get the following error message:

[..]

> and so on:
>
> the standard glibc version is 2.13. And this version will become in
> Stable soon.
>
> So testing under Debian is impossible

I could make a build with the same system requirements as the Developer
Snapshots, but I'm not sure how useful it will be to have several
different builds around there, as the build bot is building it on
regular basis, AFAIK.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Kick off of AOO 4.0 Sidebar test

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.

Posted by Prachi Jain <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot, Yi !!

I could see manual test cases now and was able to validate it with the Open Office installed on my Win7 Home Premium SP1 laptop. Attached screenshot with Test case and Open Office Build reference.

Questions on next steps:
1) Can I use OO version on my machine for manual test cases listed under "Apache OpenOffice testproject"?
2) Who will assign test cases to me and when?

Thanks
Prachi

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.