Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/24 16:09:24 UTC

One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Hi All

 I'm testing the HDFS Federation.I have 2 namenodes in  my cluster.
 I find that it is  Rolling Edit Log continuously on one   namenode,however
the other one  changes nothing.

 My question :
 1. Is it the right situation.
 2. I have thought that the two namenodes shoud keep concurrency.
why they get differences.
 3. is there any advanced docs about HDFS Federation.

thanks.

Regards.

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,Harsh

    Thank you for your reply.

     I need to time to digest the above stuff.

 Thanks

Regards

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,Harsh

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Mike,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Mike,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Mike,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Mike,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Could you send us the log messages (with timestamps) which you think
is behind the behavior you see? The new edit log format is different
than the one in 1.x, and uses several smaller edit log files. This new
format is described in PDFs attached at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1073, and the logs may mean
that the NN just opened a new file and closed the older transactions
file.

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy,Harsh

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Azuryy

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.