Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Roman Elizarov <el...@octet.spb.ru> on 2000/10/26 16:06:29 UTC

Bug in Xerces-J (v1.2.x and v1.1.3)

Hello!

The bug occurs when parsing attached "foo.xml" (with "foo.dtd").
Thy are really valid (I've checked them with other parser),
but they fail to parse properly on Xerces-J. I've checked
on the following versions:
  * 1.1.3
  * 1.2.0
  * 1.2.1

All of them don't parse the file correctly, though with a
different result:
 - Versions 1.2.x report errors, but produce different
   DOM trees.
 - Version 1.1.3 does not report errors, and seem to
   produce correct DOM tree, but fail to give correct
   SAX feedback.

Sincerely,
Roman Elizarov <el...@octet.spb.ru> (Octet Media LLC)

Re: Bug in Xerces-J (v1.2.x and v1.1.3)

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Yes, there is a bug in the StringReader that blows up when scanning a QName.
I've fixed that in the CVS.

BUT, still you will see a validation error if you turn on the validation,
that was because your foo.xml is not valid based on the foo.dtd, "EMPTY"
element content dictates that element should have absolute nothing in its
content, no even white spaces or line feeds.
_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org