Posted to user@spark.apache.org by lsn24 <le...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/01 04:02:40 UTC

Filter one dataset based on values from another

Hi,
  I have one  dataset with parameters and another with data that needs to
apply/ filter based on the first dataset (Parameter dataset).

*Scenario is as follows:*

    For each row in parameter dataset, I need to apply the parameter row to
the second dataset.I will end up having multiple dataset. for each second
dataset i need to run  a bunch of calculation.

How can I achieve this in spark?

*Pseudo code for better understanding:*

Dataset<Parameter> paramsDataset = sparkSession.sql("select * from
paramsview");

Dataset<myData> myDataset = sparkSession.sql("select * from tempview");

Question: For each row in paramsDataset, I need to filter myDataset and run
some calculations on it. Is it possible to do that ? if not whats the best
way to solve it?

Thanks

Re: Filter one dataset based on values from another

Posted by lsn24 <le...@gmail.com>.
I don't think inner join will solve my problem.

*For each row in* paramsDataset, I need to filter mydataset. And then I need
to run a bunch of calculation on filtered myDataset.

Say for example paramsDataset has three employee age ranges . Eg:
20-30,30-50, 50-60 and regions USA,Canada.

myDataset has all employees information for three years. Like the days a
person came to work , took day off etc.

I need to calculate the average number of days employee worked per age range
for different regions. Average day off per age range etc.

Re: Filter one dataset based on values from another

Posted by "Lalwani, Jayesh" <Ja...@capitalone.com>.
What columns do you want to filter myDataSet on? What are the corresponding columns in paramsDataSet?

You can easily do what you want using a inner  join. For example, if tempview and paramsview both have a column, say employeeID. You can do this with the SQl

sparkSession.sql("Select * from tempview inner join paramsview on tempview.employeeId = paramsview.employeeId")

    --
    Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__apache-2Dspark-2Duser-2Dlist.1001560.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwICAg&c=pLULRYW__RtkwsQUPxJVDGboCTdgji3AcHNJU0BpTJE&r=F2RNeGILvLdBxn7RJ4effes_QFIiEsoVM2rPi9qX1DKow5HQSjq0_WhIW109SXQ4&m=2DBXMR9Vazi5EAA7gtp78AhvgGj1xwkacIgDWUOOOS4&s=baasFvkvrjKfQoZTws7KEWp24oBkrLJWvUz1gV5UjFQ&e=