Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mike Kuldayev <ac...@enlightiumacademy.com> on 2019/09/18 15:17:50 UTC

Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Hello,

I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage their
students to download Open Office for free from your homepage. Recently,
I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or students won't be
able to download it for free in the near future. So, I just wanted to
follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or just empty rumor?

Thank you much,

MK

Re: Fwd: Is Open Office Going Away?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hello Mike,

Am 18.09.19 um 17:17 schrieb Mike Kuldayev:

> *Mike Kuldayev*
>
> History Department Head & AP/CC Teacher
>
> *_______*
>
> *P:* 509-319-2402 *F:* 888-317-6571
>

> academics@enlightiumacademy.com
>
> www.enlightiumacademy.com <http://www.enlightiumacademy.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage
> their students to download Open Office for free from your homepage.
> Recently, I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or
> students won't be able to download it for free in the near future. So,
> I just wanted to follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or
> just empty rumor?

Short answer:

This is just "Fake News" ;-)

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 will be the next version, available soon.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
I was not aware of any rumors that it was going away, but if it does, have them download LibreOffice. They have the same root.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Posted by Simon Phipps <we...@apache.org>.
No, it's a malicious lie and the poster should be ashamed of themselves.

Re: Is Open Office Going Away?

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

> Op 19 sep. 2019 om 15:04 heeft Kerryn Gunness <k_...@yahoo.ca.invalid> het volgende geschreven:
>
> hey can u all send me the link again to down load open office?

Do you really need all (millions) of us to send you the link?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Posted by Kerryn Gunness <k_...@yahoo.ca.INVALID>.

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.
Den ons 18 sep. 2019 kl 21:30 skrev GUSTAVO Ayala <ay...@comcast.net>:

> Perhaps the question and discussion should focus not on LO or OO but on
> Google Docs and its applicability as a substitute to the great product,
> free of charge, Open Office.

<...>

Agree with GUSTAVO.....

Henri