Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr> on 2015/04/24 18:56:41 UTC

local-broker.xml at startup

Hi in 2.2.2 version I'm using
local-broker.xml file

in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file I've added my feature

it's running without problems.

I'm trying to launch karaf 2.4.1 with the same config
but the boot fail with this message

org.apache.karaf.features.core - 2.4.1 | Error when installing feature
hermes-ressources: java.net.MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol:
blueprint

how to start my broker at boot ?
Thank
A+JYT
PS: il faut que je passe au JUG Normandie ;)

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
Thank

I suspect that you are very busy.

A+JYT

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
Have you had time to have a look?

merci à toi.
A+JYT

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Oh correct, it's in 2.x, not in 2.3.x. My bad.

I didn't have time to take a look yet.

I will keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 04/28/2015 04:08 PM, sekaijin wrote:
> Hi
> above all, a big thank you.
>
> aries-blueprint is defined line 51 in standard-2.4.1-features.xml
>

> boot features grouping on Karaf 2.4.1 does not work
>

> log:
>

> Regards
> JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Can you try, in featuresBoot, to do:

featuresBoot=(...)(hermes-resource)

I don't remember if we added boot features grouping on Karaf 2.4.

By the way, aries-blueprint doesn't exist on 2.4.

As I said, I will take a look later today.

Regards
JB

On 04/28/2015 08:59 AM, sekaijin wrote:
> hello
> I, as much as possible, simplified my test.
> I unzipped karaf 2.4.1 and I added in system, the feature
> I tested with a datasource instead of the broker (less dependency)
>
> I have all placed in a zip
> to allow you to reproduce the error
> I added
> log4j.logger.org.apache.karaf.features = TRACE
> in org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg file
>
> log file:
> line : 42
>
> line : 466
>

> test.zip <http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/n4040011/test.zip>
>
> Cordialement JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I will take a look this morning with a simple use case.

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 04/28/2015 08:59 AM, sekaijin wrote:
> hello
> I, as much as possible, simplified my test.
> I unzipped karaf 2.4.1 and I added in system, the feature
> I tested with a datasource instead of the broker (less dependency)
>
> I have all placed in a zip
> to allow you to reproduce the error
> I added
> log4j.logger.org.apache.karaf.features = TRACE
> in org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg file
>
> log file:
> line : 42
>
> line : 466
>

> test.zip <http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/n4040011/test.zip>
>
> Cordialement JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK, let me try to reproduce your problem with a simple feature.

I keep you posted.

I'm pretty sure Karaf tries to install your feature before starting the
feature providing the Blueprint URL handler.

Regards
JB

On 04/27/2015 05:59 PM, sekaijin wrote:
> hi
> thank for your help
>
> Sorry urgent problem in production.
>
> I tried adding
>
> in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg
> (I also tried  false true , false false, and true true)
>

> and start level 80
>
> no change
>
> A+JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, can you try to increase the start-level from 65 to 80 ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 04/27/2015 02:04 PM, sekaijin wrote:

> this feature and blueprint xml when I try
> features:install hermes-ressources
> or
> when i try
> osgi:install -s blueprint:file:etc/local-broker.xml
>
> but does not work on boot.
>

> without the line
> all bundles start
>
> A+JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

maybe your message has been shrink:

- you mean features:install or osgi:install work fine ?
- but it doesn't work when you add the feature in
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

Correct ?

In that case, it's maybe because your feature starts too early in the
startup process.
I would advice:

1/ check if featuresBootAsynchronous is set to false in
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file
2/ define your feature at the end of the featuresBoot property (after
diagnostic)
3/ did you define any start-level in your features bundles ?

Regards
JB

On 04/27/2015 02:04 PM, sekaijin wrote:

> this feature and blueprint xml when I try
> features:install hermes-ressources
> or
> when i try
> osgi:install -s blueprint:file:etc/local-broker.xml
>
> but does not work on boot.
>

> without the line
> all bundles start
>
> A+JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Can you share your local-broker.xml file ?

Can you share you feature as well ? I guess that your feature define a
bundle with blueprint URL (<bundle>blueprint:mvn:..</bundle> for
instance), correct ?

Does it work if you install the bundle by "hand" with:

osgi:install -s blueprint:...

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
hi
I read the comments of Guillaume Nodet, but it does not solve my problem.

Indeed, theses concerns the version  4.0.0 and are not applicable to version
2.4.1.

I tried to add
aries-blueprint and deploy to boot but it changes nothing.

A+JYT

Re: local-broker.xml at startup

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3661) could be
related to your problem.

Guillaume Nodet does give some answers in the "comment" section.

Regards,
Morgan