Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Alexander Buloichik <Al...@epam.com> on 2005/11/04 12:33:55 UTC

Jetspeed-2 setup

Hi, All !

I'm trying to setup jetspeed-2 in my computer.
I runned :

maven initMavenPlugin
maven allClean allBuild
maven j2:start.production.server
maven j2:quickStart

After that I connected to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed and can see nice portal.

I created my own simple portlet, pack it to .war, and move to jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy directory. Jetspeed load it and unpack application. When I logged as admin, I can see my application and porlet in the "Administration portlet". It's fine.

After that I want to display my portlet in the portal. I edit jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml, and changed pam::LocaleSelector to my own application::potlet. After that I restarted tomcat.

When I try to open portal in browser, I can't see "Welcome to Jetspeed 2" tab, but see only "RSS Demo" tab. I can't see any exceptions in the logs except errors about RSS tried to connect to own site. I edit jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml, and changed my own application::portlet to pam::LocaleSelector for restore previous state. After restart tomcat I see the same problem - I can't see "Welcome to Jetspeed 2" tab, but see only "RSS Demo" tab.

BTW, I see link to pdf documentation on the top of http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/ page, but there is no pdf file. Where I can find full documentation about jetspeed-2 ?

WBR, Alex.