Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dv...@proderj.rj.gov.br on 2011/08/20 04:05:19 UTC

SVN in Z-LINUX

Hi,

We use SVN in intel paltform, with Debian (Ubuntu).

We intend to use it in mainframe Z-LINUX / redhat (with Z-VM archteture
).

Can we go on, or it´s just kown that it will not work ?

Thanks,

Dayse

AW: SVN in Z-LINUX

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com>.
Hi, Dayse,

Von: dvianna@proderj.rj.gov.br [mailto:dvianna@proderj.rj.gov.br]
> We use SVN in intel paltform, with Debian (Ubuntu).
> We intend to use it in mainframe Z-LINUX / redhat (with Z-VM archteture ).
> Can we go on, or it´s just kown that it will not work ?

If there are precompiled SVN binaries for your linux distribution, you can assume that it works just fine. (Although some distros ship rather outdated packages.)

If there are no precompiled SNV binaries (which I doubt for Redhat), it should work by self-compiling the packages and all its dependencies.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber@3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

Re: SVN in Z-LINUX

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:27 AM, shrinivasan <sh...@collab.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 August 2011 07:35 AM, dvianna@proderj.rj.gov.br wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We use SVN in intel paltform, with Debian (Ubuntu).
>> We intend to use it in mainframe Z-LINUX / redhat (with Z-VM archteture ).
>> Can we go on, or it´s just kown that it will not work ?
>>

> You can download the source from
> http://subversion.apache.org/download/
>
> and compile for z-linux.
>
> It will work as usual.

That isn't integrated with contemporary RPM package management for
Linux. The RPMforge SRPM's are, and I'd try working from those for the
moment, until I finish debugging and testing the 1.6.17 SRPM for
RPMforge (or somone else beats me to it, the new job is taking up some
valuable time).

Re: SVN in Z-LINUX

Posted by shrinivasan <sh...@collab.net>.
On Saturday 20 August 2011 07:35 AM, dvianna@proderj.rj.gov.br wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use SVN in intel paltform, with Debian (Ubuntu).
> We intend to use it in mainframe Z-LINUX / redhat (with Z-VM archteture ).
> Can we go on, or it´s just kown that it will not work ?

You can download the source from
http://subversion.apache.org/download/

and compile for z-linux.

It will work as usual.