Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by fnord <li...@libertylost.org> on 2010/11/18 17:42:59 UTC

Publishing just a pom file?

I'm trying to publish a pom metafile, like JBoss uses for groups of
dependencies. There's an example here:

http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jbossas/jboss-as-client/5.1.0.GA/

The Archiva GUI won't let me publish a pom file, however. I set the GroupID,
Artifact ID, version, type, etc. But when I choose the pom file to publish
and hit Submit, all I get back is "Please add a file to upload."

It won't let me select a .pom file to publish.

Any ideas on how I can work around this?

Thanks,
fnord

Re: Publishing just a pom file?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM, fnord <li...@libertylost.org> wrote:

> @#*#$&! Chrome.
>
> I should've thought of that on my own, thanks for pointing it out. Firefox
> did the trick.

Interesting.  Can one of you check JIRA and file an issue if it's not
already in there?  Maybe there's something we can change on the page
to get it to work, or at least it'll be in there for the next person
who runs into this problem.

--
Wendy

Re: Publishing just a pom file?

Posted by fnord <li...@libertylost.org>.

@#*#$&! Chrome.

I should've thought of that on my own, thanks for pointing it out. Firefox
did the trick.

Many thanks for all the thoughts.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by fnord <li...@libertylost.org>.

Thanks for the advice, but it's still a no-go so far.

I'm setting:

Group Id: jboss
Artifact Id: jboss-compile-all
Version: 4.3.0_CP06
Packaging: pom
Classifier: blank
Generate Maven 2 POM: Unchecked
Artifact File: the .pom file I'm trying to publish
POM File: I've tried both including and not including the aforementioned
.pom file
Repository Id: internal

If I submit the form, I get "Please add a file to upload." I've verified
that the target.pom file has content, etc. I'm stumped.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.