Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2015/01/17 17:03:10 UTC

[all] bundle-plugin: excludeDependencies makes imports less useful

Hello,

I want to fix the imports (version, optional) of [vfs] in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-498

The bundle plugin we have configured in the [parent] pom.xml does
"excludeDependencies=true". This leads to the situation that bnd can
not extract any useful information for the imports it finds.

I wonder if this is intentional or not. On the felix-user mailing list
I asked about this configuration property but got no response. It seems
to be there since the initial commit of the bunlde functionality

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?annotate=1652328
Line 525 by niallp

My suggestion would be to make it with a property configurable, as I
have the need to turn it off. However I do wonder about the default:
can we keep the excluse list by default empty?

Gruss
Bernd