Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Juan Ezquerro <ju...@sofistic.net> on 2012/04/30 11:22:45 UTC

Composite metadata

Hi,

I have a columnfamily like that:

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY Clients
    WITH key_validation_class = 'CompositeType(LexicalUUIDType,UTF8Type)'
    AND comparator = LexicalUUIDType
    AND column_metadata = [
            {column_name: name, validation_class: UTF8Type}
    ];

My metadata definition is wrong, which is the correct way?

--
Juan Ezquerro LLanes <Sofistic Team>

Telf: 618349107/964051479

Re: Composite metadata

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
When you set comparator = LexicalUUIDType, you're saying that column names
are UUIDs.  In your column metadata, you need to use a UUID for column_name
if that's what you want.

I suspect that you either don't want LexicalUUIDType for your column names
or you're looking for default_validation_class, which applies to all column
values by default.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>