Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Massimiliano Valotto <vl...@libero.it> on 2003/06/04 08:41:57 UTC

java errors with Torque on Postgresql [newbie]

Hi all

    I'm trying to use Torque (3.0) with an existing postgresql 7.3.1 database but I've some problems:

- both "jdbc" and "sql2xml" action return an empty schema.sql with no errors;
- writing the "project-name"-schema.xml file the build progress works fine, but the resulting classes contains several errors like:

        /**
         * The value for the id_facolta field
         */
        private int id_facolta = ;
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
and method not found errors.

I'm using the "native" method for primary keys and the required packages are on the classpath.

Thanks

Max

Re: java errors with Torque on Postgresql [newbie]

Posted by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com>.

Eric Emminger wrote:

> Erik Price wrote:
>

>> Massimiliano Valotto wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>>     I'm trying to use Torque (3.0) with an existing postgresql 7.3.1
>>> database but I've some problems:
>>>
>>> - both "jdbc" and "sql2xml" action return an empty schema.sql with no
>>> errors;
>

> Same result for me with the jdbc task.
>
> Here's my environment.
>
> Torque 3.0
> Turbine 2.2
> TDK 2.2_01
> PostgreSQL 7.3.2
> Ant 1.5.1
> Maven 1.0-beta-8
> Java 1.4.1_01
> Linux

Did you try removing the "dbSchema" attribute from your project schema
XML file?

Erik

Re: java errors with Torque on Postgresql [newbie]

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.

Erik Price wrote:

> Massimiliano Valotto wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>>     I'm trying to use Torque (3.0) with an existing postgresql 7.3.1
>> database but I've some problems:
>>
>> - both "jdbc" and "sql2xml" action return an empty schema.sql with no
>> errors;

Same result for me with the jdbc task.

Here's my environment.

Torque 3.0
Turbine 2.2
TDK 2.2_01
PostgreSQL 7.3.2
Ant 1.5.1
Maven 1.0-beta-8
Java 1.4.1_01
Linux

Eric

Re: java errors with Torque on Postgresql [newbie]

Posted by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com>.

Massimiliano Valotto wrote:
> Hi all
>
>     I'm trying to use Torque (3.0) with an existing postgresql 7.3.1 database but I've some problems:
>
> - both "jdbc" and "sql2xml" action return an empty schema.sql with no errors;

This happened to me too (using Postgres 7.3.2 IIRC), see this:

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-torque-user&m=105363246326849&w=2>

Erik