Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/05/02 00:11:52 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.0-RC1

Hi everyone,

It's that time again. For the 2.2.0 release of Maven, we're trying to
keep the number of issues fairly limited to regressions, issues with
quite a few votes that are low-hanging fruit, and some sort of
"strategic" issues. We're moving Maven to JDK 1.5 with this release,
though the entire API has not yet been generified.

We've resolved 15 issues (one is still open, waiting for me to finalize
the associated site docs). The full listing is at the bottom of this
message, and the link to the release notes is:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleName=Html&version=15103

You can find the RC1 staging artifacts here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-008/

...and the binary/source distribution archives here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.2.0-RC1/

Please note that Maven 2.2.0 will require JDK 1.5 to run, so take this
into consideration when testing.

If you come across any problems, please file an issue in:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG

and set Affects-Version == 2.2.0.

Thanks!

-john

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation
Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
        -Aristotle

Release Notes:

---

Release Notes - Maven 2 - Version 2.2.0

** Sub-task
     * [MNG-4144] - document escape character for curly braces in
clear-text passwords for settings.xml password security
     * [MNG-4145] - switch to released versions of plexus-sec-dispatcher
(and by ext. plexus-cipher) once they're available

** Bug
     * [MNG-3553] - cannot resolve dependency with scope import
     * [MNG-3776] - Namespace misspelled in settings.xml
     * [MNG-4074] - cyclic reference with 2.1.0-RC1 that doesn't occur
with 2.0.10
     * [MNG-4082] - Encryption is triggered if passwords merely contain
curly braces
     * [MNG-4126] - [regression] Properties defined in profiles.xml of
parent are not inherited during multimodule build
     * [MNG-4137] - NPE in DefaultLIfecycleExecutor when run from within
Hudson builds
     * [MNG-4140] - Properties incorrectly replaced in pom
     * [MNG-4146] - password security doesn't work with custom password
providers
     * [MNG-4147] - very long passwords cause LightweightHTTP wagon to
line-wrap the Base64-encoded Authorization header

** Improvement
     * [MNG-2979] - Cross module dependencies for multi-module site
     * [MNG-3834] - Improve error message when dependency with
classifier is missing version

** Task
     * [MNG-4143] - Update Java requirement to 1.5

** Wish
     * [MNG-4139] - avoid the schema location in generated
maven-metadata*.xml

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.0-RC1

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.
Hi John,

no regressions found with Mac OSX 1.5.0_16.

Cheers