Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrew Pym <ap...@goldenmean.com.au> on 2005/09/07 12:42:34 UTC

Issue with Visit & PropertySelection

I am using Cayenne within Tapestry 4 b5.

Hence I am initialising a Cayenne Datacontext object into an implementation
of Visit and then referencing that in each base page as below.

I was getting intermittent errors when executing in Tapestry.

It was mostly occurring after repeatedly hitting pages with multiple drop
downs.

Note I am running Tomcat 5.5.9 in jpda mode for debugging.

It is now happening all the time on a couple of pages with single drop downs
/ PropertySelection components.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

*******************

import au.com.goldenmean.ir.Visit;

import au.com.goldenmean.ir.dao.DAOCayenneQuery;

public abstract class AddEditLookUpValues extends BasePage{

    @InjectState("visit")

    public abstract Visit getVisit();

  public List getLookupObjects() {

            return
DAOCayenneQuery.getLookupTypes(this.getVisit().getDataContext());

   }

********************

Error at context:/WEB-INF/AddEditLookup.page, line 5, column 76: Method
'public abstract au.com.goldenmean.ir.Visit
au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues.getVisit()' (declared in
class au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues) has no implementation
in class au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues (or enhanced
subclass $AddEditLookUpValues_27).

location: context:/WEB-INF/AddEditLookup.page, line 5, column 76

5<page-specification class="au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues">

Regards

Andrew Pym

Re: Issue with Visit & PropertySelection

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Sep 7, 2005, at 6:42 AM, Andrew Pym wrote:

>     @InjectState("visit")
>
>     public abstract Visit getVisit();
>

> Error at context:/WEB-INF/AddEditLookup.page, line 5, column 76:
> Method
> 'public abstract au.com.goldenmean.ir.Visit
> au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues.getVisit
> ()' (declared in
> class au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues) has no
> implementation
> in class au.com.goldenmean.ir.Pages.AddEditLookUpValues (or enhanced
> subclass $AddEditLookUpValues_27).

I haven't actually tried injecting ASOs yet, but according to the
User's Guide:

"The IPage interface defines two read-only properties: visit and
global. These are both type Object. This is a holdover from Tapestry
3.0, which only supported these two application state objects. If you
want to access the visit or the global application state objects
without needing casts, you will have to inject as a differently named
property (say appVisit or visitObject)."

Could that be your problem?

--
Kevin