Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dario Novakovic <da...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/04 20:06:33 UTC

lucene and java naming conventions

i noticed that some method names in lucene start with upercase, and it is
realy confusing for me because i allways think it is some inner classes.
java naming convention suggest that method names starts with lowercase and
lucene is my first source code expirience that oposes naming conventions.
i don't want to teach developers how to code, i  just want to ask is there
any reasons for that and to suggest them to consider changes to source code
to comply with conventions.

thanks

dario

Re: lucen compared to other open source solutions

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Also consider www.htdig.org

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I haven't used Swish-e, but I remember looking at it years ago, and
from what I remember it wasn't nowhere nearly as scalable as Lucene,
and it did not support various types of queries that Lucene supports.
Maybe things have changed since then.
You can look at http://www.searchtools.com/ for some additional
information.

Otis