Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/26 09:26:31 UTC

[lang] release time?

Two issues left for the release;

1) Happiness over LANG-362. Niall, you were the -1 here, are you happy
with the solution?
2) OSGi; Niall (again, sorry :) ); you'd volunteered to do this?

Hen

Re: [lang] release time?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Two issues left for the release;
>  >
>  >  1) Happiness over LANG-362. Niall, you were the -1 here, are you happy
>  >  with the solution?
>
>  OK I'll take a look.
>

>  >  2) OSGi; Niall (again, sorry :) ); you'd volunteered to do this?
>
>  No big deal to add this to lang's pom - but if we can release
>  commons-parent-8 then we get this for free. So question is are you
>  happy to wait for the parent pom release (I'm hoping to start a vote
>  in the next day or so) or itching to get on with it?

Free is good - we should wait.

Personally, I'd like to get 2.4 out before I'm changing nappies full
time in a couple of months, but that's still lots of time.

Hen

Re: [lang] release time?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Henri Yandell
> <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Two issues left for the release;
> >
> >  1) Happiness over LANG-362. Niall, you were the
> -1 here, are you happy
> >  with the solution?
>
> OK I'll take a look.

Oh, there is an outstanding issue there.  The class
comment for ExtendedMessageFormat is:

 * Extends <code>MessageFormat</code> to allow
pluggable/additional formatting
 * options for embedded format elements; requires
elaboration.

"requires elaboration" is a meta-comment, obviously.
;)  I'll try to slap something in there today.

-Matt

Re: [lang] release time?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two issues left for the release;
>
>  1) Happiness over LANG-362. Niall, you were the -1 here, are you happy
>  with the solution?

OK I'll take a look.