Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sy...@eluminoustechnologies.com on 2002/12/20 14:49:14 UTC

[users@httpd] could not bind to port 80

Hi all http users,

I am getting 'could not bind to port 80' error_log. Can anyone help me.

Thank you,

Re: [users@httpd] could not bind to port 80

Posted by Aaron Sturm <aa...@hotmail.com>.
You also have to be root to be able to bind to port 80 (and other well-known ports) on some OSes.

-Aaron
  Have you got another process running on port (a second server), or something blocking it? Try a netstat -an command to see if that port is in use.

  Regards,
  Eric

Posted by Future Shock Business Solutions <fu...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
the easiest way id to post the .conf , then we can go over it and see if
it is that or something else.

Posted by sy...@eluminoustechnologies.com.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.