Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wouter Boers <wg...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/21 10:45:35 UTC

Exploded WAR deployment in Tomcat 5.5

Hello,

I have found some strange behaviour in de Tomcat manager. When adding
an exploded WAR directory, for example file:///c:/java/foo with
context foo, Tomcat 5.5 starts to copy the *complete* C drive to
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina directory. Tomcat 5.0 does not suffer from
this problem. Is this an known issue? I haven't found it in the bug
list or mail archive.

--
Regards, Wouter Boers
business: http://www.abcdarium.nl

Re: Exploded WAR deployment in Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:45:35 +0100, Wouter Boers <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found some strange behaviour in de Tomcat manager. When adding
> an exploded WAR directory, for example file:///c:/java/foo with
> context foo, Tomcat 5.5 starts to copy the *complete* C drive to
> TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina directory. Tomcat 5.0 does not suffer from
> this problem. Is this an known issue? I haven't found it in the bug
> list or mail archive.

This (really stupid) bug has been fixed in build 5.5.6+. The cause is
that a check is missing for the case the path for the config XML file
is empty.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat