Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by an...@e-zest.net on 2007/04/06 05:57:41 UTC

How to run Multiple Portlet Containers?

Hi,

I want to run multiple portlet containers parallel inside Jetspeed. Every container is coupled with different database. I changed the container name inside jetspeed.properties file. But its giving me Jetspeed initialization error.

can somebody tell me How to run Multiple Portlet Containers with database configurations?

Waiting for the reply.
regards,

Anand

Re: How to run Multiple Portlet Containers?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 5, 2007, at 8:57 PM, <an...@e-zest.net>
<an...@e-zest.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to run multiple portlet containers parallel inside Jetspeed.
> Every container is coupled with different database. I changed the
> container name inside jetspeed.properties file. But its giving me
> Jetspeed initialization error.
>
> can somebody tell me How to run Multiple Portlet Containers with
> database configurations?

Its not supported.
The recommended approach is to use "subsites" -- which is a way to
configure multiple site views in one portal
For the next release 2.2, we will be adding more support for
subsites, such as domains of users